Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Coincidence?

I woke up with a headache this morning. Well, in truth, I first woke up at 4am and spent about 2 hours awake catching up on blogs, then I went back for a nap and woke up at 9am with a headache. So, what is the coincidence? I have to go to work today after 2 nights of great sleep and 2 glorious days off. It's weird because I don't hate my job. Besides the stress that goes with it, I actually like my job. I think it's important work, I feel reasonably competent at it, and many of the people I work with are great (there are always pains-in-the-*** anywhere you go, but you know what I mean). All last week I was feeling kind of headachey too but this weekend I felt great.

So, there are a few options:
1. Hubby is starting to come down with something and he passed it on to me (he has been headachey the last couple days).
2. I have "selective" allergies that flare up only when I'm not completely relaxed.
3. I am surpressing my feelings again and unaware of how I really feel about work.
4. I really want to stay home with the baby (and can't right away for financial reasons) and am internalizing stress symptoms before the baby is even viable.

I don't know if there are any more options, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my achey head...

4 comments:

Jen said...

It might be the allergies. My OB told me that pregnancy can cause an increased susceptibility to them, and although I've never had allergy problems it's been an issue for me this spring. You might try claritin or zyrtec. I hope it gets better soon!

Andy said...

I'm sorry that you are headachey. I hope it passes quickly.

Unknown said...

Hmmm, I have no idea. But I do know that headaches are the worst because I often wake up with them. If I had to guess, I would think allergies. Especially because of the time of year it is.

Thanks for your sweet encouragement on my blog. It really does help to know I'm not alone...although I wish No one had to go through this crap! Thanks for the prayers too! I think they are helping already!

Have a great evening! Hope that headache is gone by now!

Nadine said...

what about the weather? where i live it's suddenly humid and i always get killer headaches when that happens.
nacomleavmo