Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's all Good

The short story is that even though I still feel the same pressure and periodic pain of the past few days, I have been taken off bedrest. Thank you to everyone who has been thinking of me and praying for me! If you want to know the longer story keep reading.

Yesterday when I talked to the nurse she told me to rest for the day and call back in the morning with an update. Well, this morning's update was that I still felt the same symptoms. So, the doc's office scheduled me for 1:30. I contacted work and took another day off... [I only have 2 days to roll-over to next year, but my anniversary date is in July so hopefully I'll get to keep those for maternity leave!] Then I hung out on the couch until it was time to leave.

Once at the doctor's they combined this appointment with the stuff (GTT test, u/s to check on placenta placement, regular 25/26w check-in) they were going to do on Tuesday. It's nice I don't have to go back next week!

As for the results, I find out about the GTT either tomorrow or Monday. I didn't really feel that weird after drinking the orange stuff... I don't know if that's a good thing or not... I'm still taking metformin so if my blood sugar is off I am in real trouble! I have gained 10 pounds total this pg. Doc said he would be fine if I didn't gain any more weight, or if I even lost some (but I'm not supposed to TRY to loose weight). Not sure how I feel about the weight gain issue...

The baby weighs 1.9 pounds and is in the 84th percentile. (Hubby and I are both shorter so I don't know where he gets it!) As for the other stuff, the answer to everything is "4." My cervix measured 4cm. (It got longer!!!! It was 3.65 last time!) My placenta is 4cm away from my cervix. (Yay!!!! That means I can have a vaginal delivery without worrying about bleeding to death!) You may be wondering where the cervical pressure is coming from... Baby has decided that it is time to put his head right up against my cervix. He's very impatient I guess. Apparently this is not all that uncommon. And, he could still change positions multiple times before it's "time."

I left feeling mostly encouraged. I'm VERY glad to know that baby is doing well and that my cervix is in good shape. I was shocked that it has actually gotten longer! I didn't know that happened at this stage in the game. However, I'll take it (especially over the alternative)!! I felt kind of silly that the nurse put me on bedrest when I am fine and I know so many others who are dealing with much more serious conditions and are on bedrest. When it's your first time this far along in pg, it's really hard to know what is a normal ache or pain and what is something to worry about. My doc said that the feelings I've been having are basically going to be considered my new "normal." So, unless the pressure/pain drastically change or get much worse, I shouldn't worry. I guess I just get to be one of those lucky pg ladies who is uncomfortable for a long time... BUT, I'm not complaining! As long as baby is doing well and staying put, I am happy!!!!

In other more frivolous news, the baby still isn't cooperating in having his profile picture taken. He definitely takes after his dad--he apparently doesn't like to have his picture taken. The u/s tech did get a 3/4 face shot that looks pretty cool and not quite so skeleton like...

OK. That's the update. Thanks again for checking in on me!

6 comments:

justme said...

Yay! Praise God! I'm so thrilled for you and all this great news. :)Stay put, Little!

AwkwardMoments said...

YAH for great news. I so wish i was left on my met!

Good luck with the gtt results. Sounds like things are moving along steadily

Kathy V said...

I am glad to hear that you and baby are doing well. It is a bummer when the kids are uncooperative already. the ultrasound tech that we have said it has to be the dad's genes when the child is uncooperative this early. So there is proof that it does take after your husband. Sorry you have to be uncomfortable but like you said atleast baby is fine. Glad your bedrest has been lifted and your are able to be up even if uncomfortable.

sara said...

Oh this is great news!!! I'm so glad the cervix and the placenta are cooperating. It always amazes me when those cervixes lengthen. Mine got slightly longer one week early on and I was like, huh? Is that possible? But aren't you glad they do :-) I hope you have many more very boring weeks ahead and that the little one gives you some great ultrasound photos as well :-)

andnotbysight said...

I'm so glad the news was good! What a relief!

RBandRC said...

Glad to hear that you are doing well and that your cervix got longer! That is crazy, but I know it helped to put your mind at ease, which is always nice. Lemy also was head down by that time and she never turned back--so hopefully your little guy will stay in place!

Best wishes as things progress! :)