Saturday, December 22, 2007

Sometimes you really want a drink

Yesterday was kind of a stressful day. On stressful days sometimes you really just want (need?) a glass of wine. Unfortunately, I am taking Metformin. Metformin and alcohol are a big no no to mix. So, I was a good girl and didn't give in. However, I did fantasize about going off Metformin for a while if I don't end up pg this cycle. Of course, I have had this fantasy before... I never end up doing it though because my desire for a baby is much grater than my desire for the periodic drink.

What do you do when you have a stressful day and you can't have a glass of wine?

4 comments:

Joy said...

Once I'd been on the metformin for a good while, I could have a drink and not be ill.. I definitely never have pushed that limit. I've had probably 2 drinks in the 8 months that I've been on metformin now.

Katie said...

For me, I just like the ritual of a good glass of wine. I try sparking cider or cranberry juice, tonic wanter, and a spritz of lime.

But if it's for the "ahhh" feeling of wine, well. . . there's really no good substitute, is there?

Amanda said...

Chocolate. Chocolate is a good substitute.

Jaded Girl said...

Treat yourself to a pedicure...if not I agree with the post above...chocolate