Friday, March 7, 2008

9 weeks

Hey everyone. Thank you for all the comments to my last entry. Also, thanks to kcmarie122 for the shout out! Sorry for the silence this week. We got home Sunday night at 11pm and then my SIL showed up at 1am with her 3 year old son. We didn't know she was coming until Saturday, so we had to get the guest room ready when we got home Sunday night. They didn't leave until today so I've been a little busy... I've also been really tired this week. I actually had to take a short nap in my car in the middle of the day 2 times this week because I couldn't keep my eyes open (literally) any longer.

As for a health update, the spotting did turn red, but it finally stopped on Monday. I think it was due to a yeast infection. I did a Mon.istat 3 day treatment last weekend which seemed to help with the symptoms (except the spotting) immediately. Unfortunately, on the 4th day the symptoms all came back again. I am taking aci.dopholus and eating yogurt. I have my 10 week apt next Friday so I will ask the doc about it then. I am hesitant to use Mon.istat again so soon. I don't want to expose baby to too many drugs.... I am very happy to be pg, and to have gotten this far, but I kind of wish I had been able to complete my cand.ida cleanse before getting pg. I am worried that I am going to be fighting this yeast infection for at least a year (assuming I am able to breast feed). I'm not complaining though! If that's my trade off, I will take it! I will just be itchy for a year in the mean time...

In other news, according to some websites my baby is now a fetus (9 weeks). Some other websites don't name my baby a fetus for another week. I think I will consider myself graduated to the fetus mommy stage. It feels better to have another milestone under my belt. This week I started to feel more confident in this pg. I think getting past the 8w mark was important for me. I know it's still not a sure thing. I am still looking forward to the 2nd trimester. However, I do feel much calmer, especially since the spotting stopped.

Well, that's my update for now. I hope everyone is doing well.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh good, I'm glad you are still doing ok (minus the yeast infection...ugh). I'm so glad everything with the baby is fine and YAY for reaching another milestone!

And I can see how that would bring some relief even though you will be even more relieved to get to the 2nd tri.

I will be wishing and hoping and of course praying that the next milestone comes quickly for you!

AwkwardMoments said...

YUCK, yeast infections! that stinks.

Good Luck at your next appointment and Happy milestone week

Alison said...

Yeah for baby fetus!! This is fantastic! Hope the infection goes away. There is nothing worse than a yeast infection!!!

Karey said...

I'm so glad things are okay (I got worried when you didn't update). I'm praying for you!

andnotbysight said...

Oh, I'm so glad you're OK! I kept checking this week and hoping you were just busy. I'm glad to hear that that was true!

Annalien said...

I had yeast infections in both my pregnancies. The docs can throw something stronger at it in the second trimester when it is apparently safer to take medications.

Kathy V said...

Glad to hear things are going well again.