Monday, June 25, 2007

First S/A Results

3/30/07

Hubby had a sperm analysis done Wednesday morning. We got the preliminary results today.
159 sperm count (normal is 60-150)
8% motility (normal is greater than 50%)
25% normal sperm [don’t have 2 heads, etc.] (normal range is greater than 30%)
normal white blood cell count
liquefied time was greater than 60 min (usually 20-30 min)
11.5 semen volume (normal range)

I don't fully understand some of the results (like the liquefied time). I do know that 8% motility is not good. Hubby and I are still kind of in shock I think. We cried together. I wish the results had come out normal. Of course it would be nice to not have another issue to work against us achieving pregnancy, but really I don't want him to take it personally and feel a sense of failure. It is not his fault! It's not my fault that my body has problems. It is heart breaking though. I know these results are not equivalent to sterility. However, it's hard to imagine that pregnancy will occur naturally with a motility count that low. We were advised to go see a urologist. I think we will need to do that to really understand what these results mean. Unfortunately, I don't think that will be covered by our insurance... I suppose we can submit the info and see what the insurance company says. The doctor is listed on our insurance website, so I guess we'll have to see.

Right now I'm tired (physically, emotionally, spiritually) so I'm going to log.

No comments: